Tuesday 28 May 2024

MF

 

Who am I when who I am is dim
When it looks so much like him
Am I there inside, buried deep
I try to search, to burrow, keep
On going. 
Keep   on    g o i n g.
If I dig through the layers will I find myself
Will I get to the core? Will I wilt? Will I melt?
Is it easier to not even ask
To accept my fate, it’s late
Can I change or ingratiate
Anything new or anything gained
Or will I just remain the same 
Old
Man
But a boy lives in me too
Never quite allowed to bloom and so I chew 
Upon this misery and sink into my destiny
Je suis déjà terminé.
I am alone in the shadows of my mind 
But surrounded on all sides 
By those who need me to be better
Who can’t see that I am fettered
It is hard to answer questions about daisy chains when you need to hide
When you’re trying to find 
a way to say 
I am not ok 
that doesn’t end in shame.
What if that end of yourself
Is the start of something else
A place to see and be free
Where you can be held
And told and told again
You are loved 
You are loved 
You are loved my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment